Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default YPrPb -- VGA

"Dave D" wrote in message

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I have a LCD projector that has VGA inputs and a DVD player that has
YPrPb output. I was wondering if it were possible to wire the YPrPb
directly to the VGA port. This probably depends on if the projector
supports the non standard input or not, but I would like to know which
pins I would need to connect the component video to.

Can't be done directly, component video and RGB are completely different
formats. You might get a synced image, but you'll never get all the
colours working.

The difference is explained he

http://www.projectorcentral.com/component.htm

Dave

Oops, just realised we're discussing a projector, not a VGA monitor. The
above advice still stands *unless* your projector specifically supports
component video via its 15 pin DSUB connector, as some do. If it does, the
best thing to do might be to just buy the proper lead.

Dave