Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller

Default Hair Sticks?

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Owen
Sorry, I do not have any on hand to photograph, but a hair stick is usually
5" to 7" long and tapers from about 3/8" to 1/8" with some decorative beads
and coves at one end. I find the easiest way to make them is to chuck up a
pice of 3/8" square stock with tail stock support at the other end and turn
them with a skew. I just use turner's polish for finish. If I get a chance
this evening I will turn a couple and post a pic for you.

So are folks selling these? What kind of price do they fetch? I'd
hazard around $7 to $10 but be curious if that's other folks experience...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb