Posted to rec.woodworking
mike from American Sycamore

Default advise on sanding alder panels.

Tor:

I have sold tools and equipment for years. The Performax line and any
drum sander for that matter is a light duty finicky machine. The 1632
is strickly for a hobbyist. I know you say that a wide belt is out of
your reach $$, but I sold a lot of wide belts on a lease to purchase
program. A wide belt would cut your sanding time by ten. A wide belt
would make you money. It is cheaper that any employee and works hard
every day. I would look into a Powermatic 37" model and phase
convertor. A 37" is really not that much more than a 25". A normal
1900cfm dust collector would take care of a wide belt.

good luck,
Mike from American Sycamore