Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Warner

Default Milling rare earth magnet or other magnets?

"Eddie" wrote:

Hello,
My skills as a machinist are lacking but I usually get by with my small mill
and lathe by taking light cuts and cracking a book when I am unsure about
cutting speed and feed rates. I would like to mill and shape a magnet. I
will be atempting this on Clausing 8520 or a light weight metal lathe.
Any advice would be very helpful.
What type of endmill would be recomended for this?
What sort of ?

Under the nickel plating, rare earth magnets are a brownish powder,
bound together somehow, They're fragile, and crumble easily under a
hammer. I'm not sure they'd machine well
--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.