Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Name

Default Turning darts(dartboard type, not blowgun type)

"eyeclinic" wrote in message

Rex B wrote:

eyeclinic wrote:

I'd like to try and turn some single-piece darts on my lathe using
some SS rod. The turning should not be a problem but I need to know
how to cut the 4 grooves in the flight(plastic "wings") end. Any

ideas?

Rich

Depending on your equipment, the ideal way would be to use a slitting
saw in an indexer attachment, on a milling machine.
A minimill would do it, as would a $30 indexer with a collet to match
the dart body.
- -
Rex Burkheimer

Problem is...the plastic flights are only 0.009" thick and are pressed
firmly into the slots. Are there jeweler's saws or slitting saws that
small?

How many grams is the dart going to weigh??

Thanks.