Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom

Default Turning darts(dartboard type, not blowgun type)

eyeclinic wrote:

Rex B wrote:

eyeclinic wrote:

I'd like to try and turn some single-piece darts on my lathe using
some SS rod. The turning should not be a problem but I need to know
how to cut the 4 grooves in the flight(plastic "wings") end. Any ideas?

Rich

Depending on your equipment, the ideal way would be to use a slitting
saw in an indexer attachment, on a milling machine.
A minimill would do it, as would a $30 indexer with a collet to match
the dart body.
- -
Rex Burkheimer

Problem is...the plastic flights are only 0.009" thick and are pressed
firmly into the slots. Are there jeweler's saws or slitting saws that
small?

http://www.tapdie.com/html/slitting_...ng_saws_i.html