Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Adding new circuit to a panel.

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 05:09:19 -0600, "PanHandler"
wrote:

"chocolatemalt" wrote in message

That scares up the question: How many shocks have you electrician (and
EE) types encountered in your careers? And how many arm-to-arm (i.e.
across the heart) shocks, which seem inevitable given the ease of using
some conducting metallic box with the non-working arm to give support?

I believe I read that it only takes 40 volts to stop the heart.

It's actually the current that matters. 30mA (.03A) is fatal. Current
is voltage divided by resistance (you might want to try measuring the
resistance of your body sometime. Try it both dry and wet).

I remember measuring 2K ohms across my body (when dry). 120V across
that would produce a current of 60mA. Good thing I've only had that
between fingers of the same hand.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com