Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant

Default Drilling stucco

On 9 Dec 2005 08:00:29 -0800, "Heathcliff"
wrote:

:
:Chas12 wrote:
: My 1923 house has a stucco exterior that is very tough to drill into. Any
: ideas?
: Thanks,
: Chas
:
:I have the same thing. I have been able to drill holes using masonry
:bits. These are like regular drill bits except they have a piece of
:carbide at the tip that can penetrate the stucco. A regular corded
:drill should do. You could also try a spade bit of the type used for
:drilling tile. Be patient while drilling, it takes a little while. --
:H
I made out fine with a cordless (12 volt) with a TG bit.