Eugene Miya

Default Bletchley Park and the Enigma

In article ,
Peter Reilley wrote:
They said that they were hit by 4 bombs. They blew out some windows
and shifted a building off it's foundation but no serious damage. They
think that the Germans were aiming for the rail junction in Bletchley town and
not Bletchley park.

Oh yes. They showed you "blast doors."
Bombes not visible from outside doors.
Know that junction well. Went thru it 4 times and once missed it and
went to Milton Keynes.

have a motor. The machines are not heavy, probably 10 LBS.

Huh?
I think closer to 10 KG or 20 pounds if not heavier.

I guessed at the weight. The actual one was bolted down so I could not
lift it.

Ours is modestly heavy.
I do not bring our wooden case.
I will weighs ours the next time I get the chance.

I was there on a Monday. During the week you cannot wander around,
you must stay with the tour guide. Since the staff are all volunteers,
they have regular jobs. On the weekend they have more staff and you can
wonder around on you own. I did not know this before I went. Next time
I will go on a weekend.

I went first on a weekend which was closed, but the watchman allowed me
to accompany him and we rode on an APC at the end. The Mil. veh. people
were out and about. Came back the next weekend and spoke to the people
who run the place except Chris. But I have exchanged with her over one
of their ex-founders and the Fort.

I muled stuff for 2 gift stories in the US behind fences.
I leave it to those people to communicate and exchange exchange stuff
(that is a deliberate double). They have a fine gift store.

The major concern is that while it is nice to bring grandma back who worked
there and didn't exactly know what she was doing and had to keep shut,
they need to attract youth. This is a tough problem. It's not like
England has a group like the Cypherpunks or other amateur cryptographers
and cryptanalysts. The problem is long term and they have huge
budgetary requirements.

When I was there 2 weeks ago they said that the actual working Bombe
that they were constructing was not yet done. They had it opened so that I
could see the mechanical workings. That looked done. The rotary switches
did not look complete.

They had a 4 or 5 Bombe props that were used in the movie.

Ah! We need to throw some data at it. I have samples.