Posted to rec.woodworking
KaiS.

Default Least We Not Forget

Charles Self wrote:

snip

Hell, that was just a few years ago. I took note of a story today that
Israel is buying *more* Dolphin subs from Germany.

Well they can't buy them from us. The US Navy gave up our diesel sub
program decades ago. That leaves Germany, or Russia. The latter's
Kilo's are formidable opponents; state of the art weapons and
electronics, and nearly a week of battery life. And how much noise does
one large electric motor make as opposed to the multiple steam turbines,
as well as all the pumps needed to run the zoomy mill on a nuke.