Posted to rec.woodworking

Default advise on sanding alder panels.

I would assume dust collection for this machine would consist of a room
partitioned off specifically for this macine and a giant sucking device
that would pull air through the room much faster than you could heat
your shop. I would probably not wear a hat in this room or any other
loose clothing. Nor would I allow small children or pets to enter. So,
therefore you could not use child labor with such a sucking device.

Seriously, I don't know how dust collection would work in your shop. My
Uncle Don actually has a sanding room with high powered cross
ventillation. He has had a machine like this for years. It works great
for cabinet stiles and rails. Easily retains the square edge on the
material, wich is hard to do with a free hand sander. I love it when he
comes out. His comb-over is always nearly touching his shoulder when he
comes out of there.Heh-heh-heh. Nuttin' funnier.

Tom in KY, remembering the days spent with uncle Don in the cabinet
shop.