Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default GMB Union

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:44:10 +0000 (GMT), John Cartmell
wrote:

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:33:10 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , gastec
writes

Does anyone have views about the GMB union..
good or bad union?

Is that owt like a yorkshire fitting ?

Sort of. Both are unnecessary in the 21st century.

The idiocy and narrow-mindedness of Middle England raises its head.

His type produced the management for British industry in the 50s and 60s.
Short-term me-ism.

That is a stupid and inaccurate comment.

First of all, I see myself very much as an individual and make no
apologies for that. I would rather sort things out for myself rather
than expect other people and especially the state to do so for me.
Therefore the notion of "type" does not, by definition, apply.

Secondly, I look at all issues over their appropriate timescales, be
they short, medium or long.

Thirdly, being individually minded as opposed to collectivist in
outlook does not imply disregarding the needs and aspirations of
others. However, I do firmly believe that the correct way to make
that happen is to show, encourage and help people to achieve them for
themselves rather than to expect to be reliant on others and again,
expecially the state, unions or any other collective organisation.

--

..andy