Paul Hiers

Default Mini Lathe Bed Extention

(David Heidary) wrote in message . com...
I am going to extend the distance between centers on my mini lathe to
about 34" by bolting down another lathe bed in line with the first
one. This will allow me to put the tail stock on the end of the second
bed. Being new at this, I would appreciate any hints at:

1) How to accurately line up the beds before bolting them down on the
table?
2) How to match/test centers in head and tail stocks? Given that I can
only do cutting on the first bed. The lead screw and the rack do not
extend to the second bed.

Thanks,

David Heidary

David,
Go to
www.littlemachineshop.com and click on links. There are a lot of
mini lathe sites, I remember someone had fastened two beds together.
You should be able to find it through the links. Good luck

Paul in Ohio