Posted to rec.woodworking
Cothian

Default Least We Not Forget

Greg wrote in
:

Lew Hodgett said:

Greg G. wrote:

"New from Mitsubishi, the company that brought you Pearl Harbor"

Having dealt with consumer electronics over the years, I was amazed at
the widespread acceptance of the Mitsubishi product name in American
households. They began market penetration with the moniker M.G.A.,
but later switched to their real name - yeah, the same company that
built suicide bomber aero-planes.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yep.

Names like Krupp, Mercedes, BASF mean anything?

Of course.

All were part of the German war machine.

Hitler was a patron of Bush's grandfather.

All are important suppliers in today's global economy.

Our friends and allies of 60 years ago are not necessarily the same as
those today.

Of course, I said I was amazed at _others_ acceptance, not peeved
personally. Some Americans tend to hold quite a grudge...

Heck, I still meet a Southerner or two that resents the North for the
Civil War... :-o

Greg G.

Ya' mean the War of Northern Agression? ;-)