Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT--Taking on city hall

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message
snip-----

In the meantime, suggest maybe start looking for places in which to bury
poly pipe, appx ~350 feet of trenching per ton of capacity, bury the

loops~5
feet deep...fossil fuels probly arent gonna get much cheaper, and what

with
local electric rates likely being much less dependant upon the world
economy....
SVL

Yep! Love the heating system, hate the oil and cost. Talked to a
distributor today and was quoted $2.26/gallon, plus sales tax. With crude
on the rise once again, can't see it getting much lower. I'm giving
serious consideration to a supplemental wood or coal fired boiler that works
in conjunction with the oil boiler. Both would run, but the oil fired
boiler would just make up that which the supplemental boiler couldn't
provide. I'd have to look at my time as a freebie, otherwise it's still
not a bargain. I'm not convinced I want to start trenching and installing
yet more equipment, although I can't rule it out. One thing sure, over
$2/gallon takes the shine right out of heating with oil, if there ever was a
shine. When we first filled the 1,000 gallon tank it sure looked like there
was, though. Paid $0.72/gal, plus sales tax. We use maybe 800
gallons/year, but it will be more when we start heating the house (same
boiler).