Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Lee

Default OT--Taking on city hall

In article Rt6mf.1184$Ev.61@fed1read06,
"SteveB" wrote:

Not much to do, ey? Got too much time on your hands? Got a sad empty life?

Great. An Ad hominem attack. Maybe it's an attempt at humour for my
analysis of your posting:

I find that there is so much BS that the whole conversation can be
clipped, and just a reply inserted.

As in this case, is there anyone out
there who doesn't know what I'm saying,
or what I'm responding to?
I didn't think so.

I didn't know what you were referring to - since this subject thread had
already devolved into three different threads regarding the original
complaint about a poster's property, someone else's restored John Deere
tractor, and top posting. Without context, you can guess that SteveB
didn't mean that the original poster or the John Deere restorer's posts
are 'BS', but can you be sure?

(top posted for your convenience)

steve ;-)

Hmmm, I trying to decide if the smiley wink is meant to tell me that he
is trying to be funny as well as taunting, or whether it is meant to
moderate the 'Nyah, nyah, nyah - you can't stop me' taunt in parenthesis.

Without the many cues of intonation of voice and subtle nuances of
emphasis in body language, we only have someone's words to evaluate our
impression of someone else. Improperly chosen words, or words entirely
lacking do not help this impression. All we have on Usenet is our words
and by this we will be known. I have to say that I can agree to disagree
with your top posting/inline posting, but the ad hominem attack does not
give me a stellar impression of SteveB.

Bill Lee