Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding new circuit to a panel.

"Platebanger" wrote in message
news:Ay4mf.6163$Yh2.2686@trndny01...
Hi Folks, I've upgraded my electrical service to a 200 amp circuit breaker
system. I would like to add another circuit for some additional florescent
lights in my basement. I have several open slots for new breaker's in the
panel. My question is can I buy a new circuit breaker and install into an
open slot then run a new line to the lights ? or do I need a professional

install new circuit's.

Thanks
Dick

John Grabowski wrote:
Have you ever done any electrical wiring before? Do you mind working around
electricity? Does the possibility of starting a fire or killing someone
scare you?

What ??
Like are we talking rocket science here?

A little education via the public library and half a brain in the head
should be all that's needed for something like that.

-Felder