Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Boatright

Default Adding new circuit to a panel.

"Jeff" wrote in message
news
If you do attempt this for safety wear sneakers, leather gloves, and eye
protection. The last is important because if you short something it may
throw molten metal at you.

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, I've upgraded my electrical service to a 200 amp circuit
breaker system. I would like to add another circuit for some additional
florescent lights in my basement. I have several open slots for new
breaker's in the panel. My question is can I buy a new circuit breaker
and install into an open slot then run a new line to the lights ? or do I
need a professional to install new circuit's.

Thanks
Dick

And those two big cables that attach to lugs at the top of the breaker
panel? Stay away from 'em. They could give you a bad day, even with the
main breaker off. If you have a disconnect outside the house, turning it
off would reduce your chances of having a very bad outcome.