Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff

Default Adding new circuit to a panel.

If you do attempt this for safety wear sneakers, leather gloves, and eye
protection. The last is important because if you short something it may
throw molten metal at you.

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, I've upgraded my electrical service to a 200 amp circuit breaker
system. I would like to add another circuit for some additional florescent
lights in my basement. I have several open slots for new breaker's in the
panel. My question is can I buy a new circuit breaker and install into an
open slot then run a new line to the lights ? or do I need a professional
to install new circuit's.

Thanks
Dick