Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Mag-lite, again

If you're like me, you like to tear things apart, and find out what really
went wrong. Here are the untold stories of Minimags:

1) The tailcap is part of the circuit. Clean the threads with a cotton swab
and some WD-40. Sand the end of the tube where the tail cap screws on.

2) Pull the little spring, and clean the metal where the spring ataches. WD
and cotton swab, again.

3) Remove the batteries. Screw the lens and reflector assembly off, and
gently pull off the "do not remove" thing. Shake the tube, and the plastic
thing that comes out has a couple contacts that can be cleaned. It's a
challenge to get it back in. Gently push the plastic thing in, and push it
with the end of the batteries.

One of the tests for nerdity is if you spend more than half an hour trying
to fix a flash light. I'm over qualified for nerdity.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"C & E" wrote in message
Went tot the cabin to do some deer hunting and found the Mag lite
nonfunctional. I had left the batteries in it since last year (don't
usually) but there is no sign of corrosion let alone leakage. These things
aren't that complicated but I've done the battery and bulb swap out with no
change. Any other suggestions before I trash *another* Mag-lite?? This is
a 2 AA cell unit, if that matters. Oh yea, I wrote to the company on Monday
but haven't heard back as yet.