Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Mag-lite, again

I've been very pleased with the minimag conversion from www.opalec.com
however not tried the one from Nite Ize, and I've seen a Luxeon conversion
but not tried it either.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

I bought a "River Rock" 2AAA LED flshlight for $10 from Target,it has a
0.5W LED,claimed to run for 7 hours on a battery set,and is brighter (and
whiter)than my 2AA Maglite. It's polished aluminum,.75" in diameter at it's
widest point,fixed focus,and shorter than the 2AA Maglite.It has a tailcap
pushbutton for momentary light,and twist the tailcap for continuous
operation.

BTW,there are drop-in conversion kits for the 2AA Maglite,either the 0.5W
led,or a 1W Luxeon LED.They cost about twice what the Maglite costs alone.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik