Posted to alt.home.repair
Butzmark

Default Mag-lite, again

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:29:58 -0500, "C & E"
wrote:

Went tot the cabin to do some deer hunting and found the Mag lite
nonfunctional. I had left the batteries in it since last year (don't
usually) but there is no sign of corrosion let alone leakage. These things
aren't that complicated but I've done the battery and bulb swap out with no
change. Any other suggestions before I trash *another* Mag-lite?? This is
a 2 AA cell unit, if that matters. Oh yea, I wrote to the company on Monday
but haven't heard back as yet.

There's a refit for Mags with a LED head. I don't have one but I've
seen a couple of people use them. Mags have been the standard for
backstage theater work for many years. The Surfires and other lithium
powered lights have become popular for some applications but the mag
is still hard to beat when you don't want to light the whole place up.
I don't like paying for lithiums either. I bought a two pack of cheap
LED lights at Sam's club that use AAs and they work fine but still
light up too much for some work.