Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default GMB Union

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Sort of. Both are unnecessary in the 21st century.

Just not so. One of the companies I work for as a freelance was totally
disregarding the EU directive on working hours, etc, on the principle that
'if you don't want the work plenty others do' sort of thing. The union,
which they don't recognise, got involved and are balloting for
recognition. And surprise, surprise, most of the grievances were suddenly
resolved...

Now we get a break every 6 hours regardless. And a minimum overnight break
of 11 hours. And a maximum 48 hour week.

--
*Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.