Glenn Ashmore

Default Baldor motor value?

Its a TEFC 1725 RPM 184TC. Make me an offer. :-)

Actually I wonder if the old South Bend 10K could handle it. The drip
proof Dayton 1 1/2 that is on it now is on its last legs.

Grant Erwin wrote:
First, no electric motor is going for anywhere *near* list price whether
from Baldor, Leeson or anyone else. If you call a motor jobber in your
area and whine even a little he will likely roll off 60% of list. That
takes your $800 motor down to $320. It will come with a major warranty
plus rights of return, etc all of which you get when you buy new, none
of which you get if you buy used. Figuring those are worth about half
the value to an industrial customer who doesn't want to waste employee
hours fixing busted motors, that takes you down to maybe $160.

I bet if you write a good ad and present it correctly your motor will
bring nearly that on ebay depending on frame size and rpm and the other
motor parameters you didn't mention.

If you just say "3 hp motor" with the keyword "Baldor" you won't get
anyone to bid over peanuts on it because they need to know everything.

If it is a 184T frame 1760 rpm motor I could use it. If it isn't, I
couldn't.

Grant

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I have just received a brand new pressure washer rig that I won on
eBay last week. Has a 100 gal tank and is mounted on a heavy duty
doly. I was only after the stainless Cat pump but had to take the
whole thing. The rig was custom built for Boeing, probably with our
tax dollars, to test jet windshields for leaks but never used. Even
with the best discounts it had to cost more than $2.5K to build.

At any rate, it is powered by a really nice Baldor 3HP 230V 1 phase
motor that I have no use for. It is a CL3619TM with a list price
close to $800. I need to sell it but they don't seem to be drawing
flys on eBay and I am not about to give it away.

Anyone know a good way to sell it?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com