Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Newbie plumbing question: sillcock install

How do i connect up an exterior sillcock, it is abou 8" long and has a
male threaded end. Inside the wall it is just a copper pipe that runs
perpendicularly towards the exterior wall. Do I cut the pipe and buy
some sort of adapter? Will there be a problem with the dissimilar
metals? My pipe is copper (i think) and the sillcock is a shiny chrome
type finish. Do I then solder this? If I have to cut the pipe, is
there an easy way without full access all the way around the pipe? The
pipe is along a wall and I've only got access from one side. Any
advice? Thanks.