Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Mag-lite, again

C & E wrote:
Went tot the cabin to do some deer hunting and found the Mag lite
nonfunctional. I had left the batteries in it since last year (don't
usually) but there is no sign of corrosion let alone leakage. These
things aren't that complicated but I've done the battery and bulb
swap out with no change. Any other suggestions before I trash
*another* Mag-lite?? This is a 2 AA cell unit, if that matters. Oh
yea, I wrote to the company on Monday but haven't heard back as yet.

Likely some dirty contacts somewhere. Check the batteries, the back cap
and the head with the light. Also check the contacts on the bulb.

Those things are bullet proof, IF you use them a lot. If you use them
only occasionally, I suggest buying disposables and junking them when they
fail.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit