Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ELECTRONICS AFTER FIRE

Hello,
I had a kitchen/dining room fire on Oct. 20, 2005 and wondering what
effects the smoke and soot would have on my electronics. I guess you
would say the fire caused "medium" smoke and soot damage. The fire
started on my stove and involved, plastics, countertop, etc. My
homeowners insurance had a fire/restoration company come in to clean,
but they only wiped down the outside of my electronics. Since it's
been well over a month since the fire, should I ask them to get the
electronics cleaned or should I have them replaced? The items, I'm
concerned about are my refrigerator, microwave, Computer, TV, DVD,
Stereo, etc. How do I know if they should be cleaned or replaced?

Thanks for your help!
MCR