Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Blueraven

Default Laying Bead on SS with MIG pretty messy.

Will the flux-core mode of deposition be the same as a regular mig.
There are bacially 4 types;

1. Short Circuit

2. Globular

3. Spray Arc

4. Pulsed-Spray.

I know my small Pro-Core 100(88amp max) doesnt handle pulsed and the
spray arc is high voltage and amps and uses rich argon gas.

What mode would I get with it using flux wire. . I fig I must be
getting the short circuit mode but am not sure.

I did notice that when I did the ss, there were definite globs of wire
being injected into the weld puddle. Since I've switched back to
Flux-core, it seems more like a sizzle and more like the arc welding
sound. Frying bacon type sound.

Anyone knowledgable about flux-core welding?