Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha

Default OT--Taking on city hall

Nick Hull wrote:
In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , George Willer says...

Don't be so sure they will win. I've had a number of run-ins with those
pricks and won every time. His only problem may be that they'll find
something else to hassle him over. I don't think it's a good idea to give
them a hard time when they're right, but they can only enforce the laws as
written.

Dare I say it, it might make sense to talk to a local attorney.

1) the lawyer will know what the law *is* and if he is or is not
in compliance.

2) the lawyere will probably know the local personalities involved and
how best to navigate the situation.

3) obtaining council will be viewed by the city as his being serious
about the matter, and make him seem less like 'low hanging fruit' for
a code enforcement officer who is just trying to rack up brownie
points.

I disagree; a lawyer is more likely to bankrupt you and betray you.
Better to read the law yourself until you know more about it than either
a lawyer or a bureaucrat. It's not as hard as you may think, the
bureaucrats are too lazy to actually read the law, and there are few
decent honest lawyers. Lest lawyers think I am badmouthing them, there
are few decent honest bankers, politicians, clergy, bureaucrats etc.
Used car salesmen are usually better.

That reminds me of the old saying: “He who represents himself has a
fool for a lawyer”.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com