Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionMachinisT

Default OT--Taking on city hall

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

snip----

I'll keep my eyes open. Have you given any thought to land in the

general
Onalaska area? I don't get south or west much, so it's a lot easier

keep watch near by. I don't have a favorite real estate agent, but

may
be able to check with one and see what's available in the

Winlock/Toledo
area. . I'll let you know if I hear anything of substance. You're

likely
looking at a 5 acre minimum purchase. They're making it hard to build

on
anything less, thanks to the state and controlled development. There

are
some exceptions.

Thanks, Harold--it's much appreciated....

And no, we haven't looked around up as far as Onalaska yet--last time I

was
in that area was several years ago...been looking at the elevations and
whatnot using Google Earth, but really I need to get up there and have a
drive around--along Highway 12 anywhere to the west of Mayfield

Reservoir,
else someplace along SR 508 just might do it.

--

SVL

That's much closer to home, and in general pretty nice property. Sadly,
property values have escalated seriously in the past couple years, so the
killer bargains are gone now. I'm still speechless that we paid only
$17,500 for our 5-1/2 acres with an approved septic system. Best surprise
of all was when we found out the standing alder alone was worth more than

we
paid for the land.

I think you're more likely to find a good buy along 508 than along 12, but
I'll check anything that comes available. Just tonight a neighbor made
mention that he might sell off some of his land, but it's way too soon to
know anything.

Are you sure you want a stream? It's not always a good thing, for they
force you to stay away from it now----it can render property valueless in
some ways because you can't develop it. If you do, you missed a great
chance right across from me. 5 acre lots that sold for about $25,000 a

few
years ago. A nice stream runs through most of them. We're high and dry,
but on a slight slope that leads to that stream.

Secluded? View? Wooded? Logged? State your choices so I don't drive

you
nuts with the wrong package.

Harold, don't worry much about it right now--it's still a bit too
early.....but thinking of heading up that way pretty soon, and I'll try and
give you a jingle when I do.

--

SVL