Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Default GMB Union

Does anyone have views about the GMB union..
good or bad union?

As with any union, a lot is likely to depend on the local reps. I`m
with the GMB (used to be with the EETPU (sp?), but changed quickly -
along with a lot of my colleagues - when two were wrongly accused of
theft. They were asked to attend a police station to give statements
and were both arrested on arrival.

One was left high and dry by their union ("its a civil matter, we're
not interested") - whereas the lad with the GMB got a lot of support /
access to the union solicitor etc.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****