Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Least We Not Forget

"Greg G." wrote in message
Leon said:

"Charles Self" wrote:

Some of these young history teachers should be put on a plane to Hawaii
and then made to stand for a half day or so on the Arizona Memorial. The
rest of the day at the Punch Bowl.

The History teacher would love to teach history but the friggen school
administration dictates what will be taught. The schools have to be all
politically correct so as not to offend some one. Teaching about the
Japanese would hurt some Americans feelings. Then there is the Darwin
thing. I say let the teather teach and diciplin the child.

My shortest response ever... ;-)

Yup!

Maybe. I've seen too many history teachers, and English teachers, who don't
know enough about their subjects to teach anything. The leads to a
generation now turning 30 that has no idea what the causes of the 'Nam war
were, with no idea that the Korean War was even fought--most of those who do
know of Korea think of it as an extension of WWII, and they view WWII as
something that was a cakewalk for the Allies, with a predetermined outcome.

Scary.