Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default OT - Humour: Tool definitions - long

wrote in message

Here in Kentucky, Vice Grips Are a standard replacement part for doors
in Ye Olde Truck. Replaces; Window crank handles,

I once rode around in an old potato chip van (Louisiana tags) that used a
single pair of vice-grips to gain entry, then for a gear shift, then, upon
stopping, to open the door(s), or to open the hood. It also had two full
sized couches (the kind you see folks put on the side of the road in hopes
someone will pick it up) for passengers comfort. My youngest daughter, about
3 at the time, upon stepping into said conveyance for the first time, made
one of those remarks that become family lore - "Look Daddy, a furniture
store!".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05