Posted to rec.woodworking
Mr. Moose

Default those big plastic tool cases.....

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:59:48 -0500, "Owen Lawrence"
wrote:

"Charley" wrote in message
om...
I try to keep them and store all but the most frequently used tools in them
because they tend to help me keep all of the parts together better than I
can without them.

Some cases are designed very poorly and these drive me crazy. It is
obvious
to me that the case design job was left for the new junior engineer in the
department and nobody checked his work. The latest and worst that I have
is

I'm with you. I have some cases that fit the tool so well there's only
enough room if you put the tool back in exactly as it arrived from the
store. That means the cord has to be twisted up exactly the right way, the
tool's adjustments have to all be put back to the smallest setting, and
forget about the manual fitting back in anywhere. If it meant that I could
save that couple of minutes trying to solve the puzzle every time I put it
back I'd gladly pay an extra ten dollars for a better case. These design
choices are lose-lose in my opinion.

- Owen -

I hope you guys realize that you are preaching to the choir. I love
that my router came with a case with spaces to store bits, but those
spaces either get hammered by the other side of the case so it won't
close, or have giant gaps so that the bits just fall out and roll
around. Yeah, that's why I buy those nice carbide tipped bits, so they
can roll around and beat each other up in the damn case!! The wrench
has to face to the right as well, if it's to the left, the case won't
close.

On the other hand, I can't imagine having my Dremel tool without a
case for all the tiny little bits that go with it. That adjustment
wrench would be lost permanently otherwise.

Mark