Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default cold water air-lock

ian wrote:
Hi there,

I have a studio flat in London and I've removed the bath tub and
intend to replace it with a shower.
My problem now is I don't seem to have cold water flowing in the bath
room. Hot water is fine and cold water from the kitchen is working
fine so it must be an air lock. I've tried the usual way to get the
airlock out (connected kitchen cold to the bathroom cold) but without
success. The building is 3 storeys high ( ground, 1st and 2nd floor)
and my flat is on the 1st floor. I'm assuming the bathroom cold water
supply comes from the tank on the roof. My question is how do I get
the cold water to flow again?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Put a car foot pump over/in the open tap outlet then pump it a couple of
times and release the pump nozzle, you might have to attempt this a few
times.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite