Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Anyone try spray painting instead of roller and brush

Farouq wrote:
I am considering spray painting some rooms instead of using a roller
and brush. It seems to be so much easier than spending ages with a
roller and brush.

Why is spray painting not popular? are there any disadvantages that
I've overlooked?

Once I knew a Sikh fellow who wanted a lot of decorating done. He
wanted the "front room" , which had been knocked through into
another room, done all white. The windows were masked off, and
the lot sprayed "pure brilliant white". The lot - walls, ceiling,
floor (he was going to carpet it over - white!). The whole lot
simply shone, it was like going into a dream, but a nasty one.

I know there is the original cost of buying the equipment which makes
it more expensive initially. After that it should be much easier to
paint the room?

Masking, paint issues, cleaning up costs, maintenance....