Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Move Electrical Outlet Box when installing Ceramic Backsplash?

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:48:18 -0700, chocolatemalt
wrote:

In article . 170,
GoHabsGo wrote:

Great advice everyone. Thanks. I'm off to Home Depot!

There is one thing that you are neglecting that may lead to
electrocution or fire, serious issues, and that is this: You clearly
are rooting for some wussie figure skaters calling themselves a team up
in the Montreal area. That will never do. Now, support a solid bunch
like Sakic & Co. and your electrical woes will disappear forever. Just
some friendly advice.

Good grief, just use longer screws, unless you use tile thicker than
1/2inch. Just be sure to leave enough tile there so the outlet sits
against it rather than sinking into the hole. There are millions of
outlets like that, and some of those add on boxes do nothing but add
another piece of tin that can short out the wires. Ceramic tile is a
great insulator anyhow. Just be careful you dont get wet grout on the
hot outlet screws or you'll hear some sizzling. (I've done it).