Posted to misc.consumers,alt.internet.appliances,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
SMS

Default Why does Maytag quality become so pitiful?

consumer wrote:

I don't understand why the quality of Maytag becomes so pitiful. The
confidence I have on Maytag for 14 years was completely wiped out in 14
months. Sigh!

It's a race to the bottom in terms of consumer appliances. I wonder how
LG quality is.

If you want top quality appliances, buy commercial machines, but be
prepared to pay a lot, and they aren't sold at regular appliance stores
or department stores you have to go to a distributor that sells to
laundromats (they'll sell to anyone).

The commercial machines are much better constructed than consumer
machines, and used in a residential environment they will last about
forever. But the warranty is basically non-existent (no labor warranty)
because laundromat owners generally fix their own machines. Also, these
are usually no-frills machines, with a water temperature selection, and
an agitation selection (normal/permanent press/gentle), no gazillion
combinations of wash cycles. The dryers let you select temperature and
that's it, even the time is not really selectable (a certain amount of
time per button press).