Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default those big plastic tool cases.....

Geez, my tools are always in their cases cuz they get transported around the
state daily The cases keep attachments, bits, sandpaper, blades,
wrenches, fasteners etc. together in one place. Heck, IMO, it prolongs the
life of the tool by keeping it clean, dry, and a little protection from the
shock of being bounced around in the back of a truck for hours a day. --dave

Lawrence Wasserman" wrote in message
In article ,
bob wrote:
I have, over the years, accumulated quite a collection of power hand
tools,
each arriving in its own molded, form fitting case. Problem is, where to
store all of this. I am building a shop, and elected to store these tools
in drawers or on shelves that are sized to fit the tool, and not the case,
as I have run out of room, especially for the gartgantuan cases like my
Milwaukee cordless circular saw (only comes in a case sized to carry the
complete set of 18V Milw tools). I am planning to toss the cases into the
recycling bin or donate them to someone that could use them.

Question: How do you store these tools and their cases? Am I messing up
by
tossing the cases?

My basement has full (well, maybe 6'4") headroom in only 1/2, the
other half is just a crawlspace about 4 ft high. Most of the time I
wish the basement was larger but when it comes to things like those
plastic cases that I don't use, but seem to "nice" to throw away, that
crawlspace sure does come in handy.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland