Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete

Default ity bity pahse converter

Try 3 to 5 MFD and make sure it is not staring under load, once it spins up
to speed close the coolant valve . Be carefull not to allow too much back
pressure so that it slows the pump down. You will need to leave the
capacitor online.

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message k.net...
I'm rebuilding a hardinge CHNC...

The machine will be single phase with a VFD for the spindle.

I just found out the coolant pump is three phase. It is 1/10 or 1/20 hp.
Using a clamp type ampmeter it just tickles the needle on the 6 amp full
scale setting. I'll guess .1 to .2 amp per phase.

So, would it work to just use a run cap accross L1 L2 L2=wild legto
start this thing? How large should I try?

If needed, I could use a start delay timer and bring in a cap accross L2
L3. Need this? How large?

Karl