Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.community.social-housing,uk.legal
Richard Faulkner

Default building work without consent

In message .com,
writes
Many thanks to all who replied. It seems it needs building regulation
approvals rather than planning permission & the surveyor says no
significant non-compliance was noted so I think the job was done to a
reasonable standard.

The lawyer has suggested either an indemnity policy or getting
retrospective approval - at seller's expense. As I'm hoping to move
overseas in a year or so is the indemnity policy likely to satisfy
future buyers?

I am tempted to say "For Gods' Sake" - if you like the house, and your
surveyor isnt concerned, buy the *********g thing. The worst thing that
can happen is you remove the toilet and make it into an extra storage
cupboard or something....

--
Richard Faulkner