Marv Soloff

Default Bletchley Park and the Enigma

Yup - Irving was really discredited and lost his libel suit.
See here for mo http://www.guardian.co.uk/irving/

Regards,

Marv

Roger Martin wrote:
"Ken Davey" wrote in message

I was not aware of this connection either..
It really is not relevant in the context of the book 'Churchilll's War'.

my recollection no reference to the 'Jewish question' enters this book. It
is a remarkably scholarly work.
Regards.
Ken.

I've only read a small amount about Irving but he certainly seems to cause a
lot of controversy and has been denied visas to many countries because of
his books. I find it hard that any sane person can deny what happened
throughout Europe during the 1930s and 1940s. The problem I have is that if
Irving remoulds history to suit his arguments, then all of his work has to
be suspect.