Posted to alt.home.repair

Default a painting story

Bob wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

Don't you love that feeling as it dawns on you that you did something
stupid? I did something similar with a second floor screened porch
that has a lockset where the knob turns on the inside but is locked
from the outside. It's easy to exit, but...it's true - you can never
go back!

I hauled a ladder over to a neighbor's once after she locked herself onto a
second floor deck in a similar manner. Another neighbor heard her yelling and
cames to get me

Bob

At my neighbor's expense he was trying to clean out his unlined fire
place chimmney from the roof and dropped the flue brush partway down
the chimmney. His arm was not long enough to reach it so he stuck his
foot down and tried to hook it out. 20 minutes later, with a sledge
hammer I freed him. That was funny.