Eastburn

Default Bletchley Park and the Enigma

Sounds like fun.

I have sat on a Cray - stood around many others.
Even bought one for my department - and ordered 2 dozen disks in
six-packs
to fill up a cache of storage. Naturally only 1/2 of it was for us -
the rest was for IT. What a rip!

Martin :-) Fun days back then - lots of work but fun also.
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

Barry Jarrett wrote:

fyi, the national security agency has a museum, open to the public,
just outside the ft. meade facility along the washington-baltimore
parkway. they have several (a dozen?) enigma machines of various
configurations, and a bombe, along with lots and lots of other
interesting stuff (wanna have a sit-down on a cray 1?).