Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Comcast Newsgroups

Default Visiting the US after a long time

Moshe,

You must make sure and take a trip to Muir Woods in Marin County. It is not
far from San Francisco. If you have never seen the giant Redwood Trees
before this is a treat. There are guided tours that take you there but you
can easily drive there if you have a car rental. Also not too far from San
Francisco, 1 hour drive, is the wine country area in Napa and Sonoma
Counties. Lots to see and do. I am sure you will have available to you all
the advertisements for this area. Again, enoy your trip......Ralph

"Comcast Newsgroups" wrote in message
Moshe,

When you come to San Francisco I am sure you will browsing the stores at
Ghiradelli Square. There is a small store that sells woodturnings that
are outstanding. I don't remember the name of the store but it is in
Ghiradelli Square, which incidentally is not very far from Fisherman's
Wharf, walking distance in fact. You should visit both locations,
Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiradelli Square. Ooops, almost forgot, another
nice area to visit is Pier 39. All are within walking distance of each
other. Great Restaurants and shops. Enjoy your trip........Ralph
"Moshe Eshel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well it looks final,

I'm coming over to the great USA for christmas time (actually Hanuka
for me :-))
This is a long deserved vacation/honeymoon with my not so newly wed
wife (definitely SWMBO - I learn something new everyday :-))

I'm going to be in San Francisco and in New York City, does anyone have
recommendations of worthwhile things to see in those places - connected
to woodturning of course. Any good shoping? I need my holiday gifts -
one of these is going to be the Bed Extension for my JET MINI, and
maybe a few chisels and carving equipment.

Any other suggestions will be welcomed as well.
Moshe