Posted to rec.woodworking
Secret Squirrel

Default Choosing/using router bits to dado/rabbet and groove for/into under/nominal sized plywood??

"bent" wrote in
:

I've been chasing my tail trying to find the right place (/person) to
cut up some ¼", ½", & ¾" plywood so I can make some built-in cabinet
drawers with front lock joints, rear dados (or even possibly rabbet
and dados), and grooved bottoms.

I learned that Baltic Birch (BB) is a company and their products are
.750" if you buy 3/4". Same for 1/2" = .5"

I understand that if you are lucky enough to be using BB you can use a
1/2" straight bit to cut dados to join a 1/2" rear into a 1/2" side
drawer joint, and the product will slide in with little (sanding
maybe?), or no adjustment for a TIGHT dado joint.

Another alternative in some cases it to use a smaller dado, say 3/8" for
your nominal 1/2" ply. You'd then need to rabbet the play to create a
tongue 3/8 thick which would then fit tightly into the dado.