Carl Byrns

Default Diesel engines--valve adjustments

clare wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:41:24 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

clare wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:22:18 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

Hino parts may be difficult to get in some places, but Hino is Toyota,
so the quality is there.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but our Hino was built in China and the
quality isn't there. Maybe Toyota sells trucks to Hino, who then
relabels them?

I live in the industrial Northeast and the parts availabilty is awful-
the truck is frequently laid up for months at a time waiting for basic
items like brake shoes.

-Carl

Japan's Hino Motors to expand US truck operations
Thursday, 29-May-2003 5:20AM PDT Story from AFP
Copyright 2003 by Agence France-Presse (via ClariNet)

"Hino will keep an eye on the possibility of building a new factory to
make truck engines and bodies in China," he said.

In June last year, Hino announced it would begin producing trucks in
the United States in October 2004 as the domestic market is shrinking
rapidly.

So somehow I doubt your Hino was built in China.
There are chinese built trucks, similar to the Hino - can't remember
the name (had them in Zambia, thanks to the ZamTan Railroad )in the
early seventies, and they WERE junk. A knockoff of the Austin Champ
and a 1947 International.

I think we're defining truck differently. Our Hino is an industrial
flatbed/rollback, not a SUV or light pickup. The manufacturer's label
(on the cab)says it's made in China. Of course, that might mean just the
cab.
It's at a different branch right now, but if it ever makes it to my
office, I'll pull the VIN and see what that says.

-Carl