Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Default Countersinking with a too-fast drill press

Doesn't your drill press have a Morse taper spindle? And how
about your next one? If so, you can adapt it for almost *any* Jacobs
taper.

No. None of the current Delta drill presses do, even the large ones.
One of the reasons I often refer to it as "cute"; it's not a compliment.
So much for Delta. My next drill press *will* have a morse taper
spindle. (Or will be a mill-drill with R8 spindle.)

What about the Delta 70-200 and/or 17-968?

I'm almost sure the 70-200 has one (might be a discontinued model) and a
customer of ours just bought a large number of heads for 17-968's and told
us it has a MT... I sure hope he is right!!!

Anyhow... Maybe one of these will work for you?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R