Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default OT--Taking on city hall

In article , Nick Hull
says...

I wouldn't take out my own appendix, and I wouldn't
represent myself in court.

It's been said that the man who represents himself has a fool for a
client. Better that than having a fool for a lawyer. The decent
lawyers are usually too busy to take your case. \\

You have to understand of course I'm biased here. My wife had
a law practice for many years, and apparently the absolute *worst*
situations she had to untangle were the ones where the person
"tried to do it himself" first.

For the few times I've had to deal with legal matters, my
attorney has been worth the price I paid to help put her through
law school.

:^)

The most recent event was when I was ticketed for flashing my lights
to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap.

She knew exactly how to research the case, and how to write the
motion to get the charge dismissed. Which it was. There was no
WAY I could have done what she did.

I class lawyers mostly in the same catagory as plumbers, electricians,
masons, and so on. They have special training and experience which
makes paying *them* for their skills cost-effective as opposed to learning
to do exactly what they do and how they do it. Of course a lay person
with some smarts can learn a great deal of what they know, which makes
it easy to communicate with them effectively.

Costs:

$10 per hour

$20 per hour, if you watch

$30 per hour, if you help

$100 per hour, if you tried to do it yourself and screwed it up and
then called me....

Jim

please reply to: