Posted to alt.home.repair
Liz MacDonald

Default a painting story

Last weekend I sang a choir concert. No place to leave a purse, so I
left the house in my long black gown with just my wallet and car keys.
I'd use the garage door opener to get back in. The rest of the family
was out of town.

Got home, pressed the button. The door jerked a bit and the opener
light started flashing. In disbelief, I tried it a few more times.

In my long gown, I balanced on a log to get the key stashed up under the
porch. I'd put that key out there years ago when a ****ed-off
3-year-old locked me out when I walked the dog.

Once I got inside, I found that the extension spring had let go.
Liz